* George P. Bush is launching a run to be the Attorney General of Texas. Maybe someday, Oliver Stone will make a movie about him called “P.”… [CNN]
* Derek Chauvin’s lawyer is requesting that his client only be sentenced to probation and time served for Chauvin’s involvement in the death of George Floyd. [Insider]
* The District Attorney in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, is allegedly no longer allowing plea deals with a lawyer who called out systematic racism in the local criminal justice system. [CBS News]
* A lawyer claims that coaches forced a high school football player to consume a pepperoni pizza even though they knew he did not eat pork. [New York Times]
* A Republican Congressman is reportedly ducking service of process for a lawsuit related to the January 6th Capitol riot. [CBS News]
* The Missouri Supreme Court has ruled that a $3 fee to pay for a sheriff’s retirement fund was unconstitutional. Think of what the Party Planning Committee could have done with that money… [Fox News]
Jordan Rothman is a partner of The Rothman Law Firm, a full-service New York and New Jersey law firm. He is also the founder of Student Debt Diaries, a website discussing how he paid off his student loans. You can reach Jordan through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.